Friday, February 23, 2007

Oh teacher, you made me study all night:

So you’re over 18, being a technical adult doesn’t automatically give you adult experiences and adult reactions. It’s always nice to have someone with insight and advice you can turn to. Parents are great sources, but they’re not exactly unbiased when it comes to your talents, potential and future.

Mentors. It sounds lame and cheesy but they are truly a gift. They don’t always have to in your chosen field but they do have to be someone who understands you and you can be open with. Someone with life and work experience; honest and interesting; credible and fun. They can be your co-worker; friends of your parents; neighbors who you used to baby-sit for.

I am lucky enough to have two mentors, in addition to my parents, who I really look up to. (Susan, Ramona) Not only do they do exemplify the qualities that I hope to have one day but they are hardworking, life loving and real. They give me ideas and make me think. THANK YOU!

No comments: